Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Ironic

In a world of e-mails, text messages, social web sites and blogs, what hope have we of maintaining physical contact with friends and relatives? When Christmas visits consist of Skyping and summer vacations are viewed via Facebook from friends, can we still speak and write without the use of lmao, brb, btw and lol? Not only are our words abbreviated, but our relationships are as well. The irony of writing this in a blog does not escape me, but I have held out for almost a decade. My time has now come to try to jump forward into the sea of technology and document my thoughts and feelings that are so important to me; although, to others, who have no interest and more opinions than I might find hard to tolerate, might be considered mundane or offensive. For better or worse though, this is me and this blog is my outlet. Take from it what you will.

3 comments:

Phillip said...

Well said!

Phillip said...

Actually it isn't Phil but Mom!!

Andrea McNeil said...

To be honest- this is the real reason I don't have an iphone. I don't want to lose the joy of live conversation and the meaning of personal contact.